1. Satya is the mentioned in the glossary of vastu gods and goddesses available as vastudevanam nighatnu in samaranganasutradhara (14.14-31 and aparajitaprichchha ( 56.1-17) at serial number 6 the meaning as per samarangasutradhara is welfare oriented dharma of all the beings , meaning as per aparajitaprichchha dharma , dharmaraaj .
2. According to rigveda ( book 1 , 4 ,6 , 7 , 9 & 10 ) satya includes action and speech that is factual , real , true and reverent to rta however satya isn’t merely about one past that is in constext int eh Vedas . It has one’s current and future contexts as well . Satya is the modality of acting in the world of sat as the truth to be built formed or established . Truth is sought to be and praised in the hymns of Upanishads . It is held as one that always prevails ultimately . For example mundaka Upanishad ( 3.1.6 ) states satyamevajayate naanritam ( truth alone triumphs , not falsehood )
3. This magical excerpt has also been accepted as the motto of the republic of india emblem . In yoga sutra of patanjali . Satya is one of the five yamas or virtuous restraints along with ahimsa ( restraint from stealing ) , brahmacharya ( celibacy or restraint from sexually cheating on one’s partner ) and aparigraha ( restraint from covetousness and carving ) .
4. According to yoga sutras of patanjali when one is firmly established in speaking truth the fruits of action become subservient to him .
5. Patanjali considers satya as the restraint from falsehood in one’s action ( body ) , words ( speech , writing ) & thoughts as well as feelings ( mana or mind ) . In patanjali’s teaching one may not always know the truth or the whole truth but one knows as if one is creating , sustaining or expressing falsehood , exaggeration , fabraication or deception . In patanjali yoga satya is the virtue of restraint from such falsehood either through silence or through stating the truth without any form of sistrotion. The suare of satya is goodwill creator and is realted to the energies of commitment and ego .