1. It rules self control, integrity and character how we approach projects solve problems and how we accept responsibility .
2. Positive affects patient, stabile, mature, trustworthy, determined, & perseverance.
3. Negative affects selfish , unhappy , pessimistic , and cruel .
4. This fundamental influence is not felt in an overwhelming way but rather as lessons that we must endure to earn what we get out of life .
5. Saturn or shaniascharah son of sun and blessed by lord shiva is controller of entire solar system and is destroyer of evil .
6. Gender androgynous ( partly male , partly female )
7. Time in each zodiac or sign 30 months
8. Zodiac or sign capricorn ( makar ) , aquarius ( kumbh )
9. Nature airy ( vata ) , malefic , tamasic: ignorant , lethargic
10. Associated taste or flavor – dry
11. Associated metal – iron
12. Associated color – black , dark blue
13. Associated animal – crow, elephant , turtle , koyal ( cuckoo )
14. Signifies father, structure , death , separation , limitations , servants , truth , organization , profession
15. Ruling deity shiva , kali , yama
16.Constellation or nakshatra pushya , anuradha , uttara bhadrapada
17. Associated weekday – saturday
18. Associated direction – west
19. Exalted ( uccha ) sign or zodiac – 20 degree libra ( tula )
20. Debilitated ( neecha ) sign or zodiac – 20 degree aries ( mesh )
21. Positional strength ( digbala ) 7th house
22.Number represented 8
23. This is next to jupiter in size .
24. In chemical combination it is similar to jupiter . When seen through a powerful telescope it is seen that the planet is surrounded by three beautiful concentric rings .These are circular. The diameter of the entire system is 1,71,000 miles . The rings will be seen at their maximum width when the planet is at the point in the constellations of taurus and gemini .