1. It rules our individuality and gives us life , energy ,& warmth .
2. It is how we are perceived by others.
3. The sun is the most important influence over us and determines a general outline of our characteristics.
4. It is a prime luminary in our solar system.
5. Sun plays a vital role in vedic astrology as it is the hottest planet which traverse through all 12 zodiacs and 27 constellations or nakshatras .
6. Gender male
7. Time in each zodiac or sign 30 days or appro 1 month
8. Zodiac or sign ruled leo ( simha )
9. Nature fiery ( pitta , bilious ) , malefic ( natural ) , sattvic ( goodness , balanced )
10. Associated taste or flavor spicy
11. Associated metal copper
12. Associated color orange, red
13. Associated animal deer, tiger
14. Signifies atma ( soul ) , father ( pitrukaraka ) , king , ego , physical development , authority , leadership , courage , govenemnt .
15 . Ruling seity lord shiva , agni dev
16. Constellations or nakshatra kritikka , uttara ashadha
17. Associated weekday sunday
18. Associated direction east
19. Exalted ( uccha ) sign or zodiac 10 degrees aries ( mesh )
20. Debilitated ( neecha ) sign or zodiac 10 degrees libra ( tula )
21. Positional strength ( digbala ) 10th house
22. Number represented 1