The ranganthaswamy temple (usually referred to as “sri ranganathaswamy”) in srirangapatna, in the mandya district of karnataka state, india, is dedicated to the hindu god ranganatha (a manifestation of the god vishnu). It is one of the five important pilgrimage sites of sri vaishnavism along the river kaveri for devotees of ranganatha. These five sacred sites are together known as pancharanga kshetrams in southern india. Since srirangapatna is the first temple starting from upstream, the deity is known as adi ranga (lit; “first Ranga”).The town of srirangapatna, which derives its name from the temple, is located on an island in the river kaveri.1. The temple is situated in a plot extending from east to west .
9 Powerful Vastu & Fengshui Parameters Of The Temple
1. The temple has roads on all four sides and the road towards north is less elevated.
2. To the left of the temple are located mukha mantapa ( facial podium ) maha mantapa ( great podium ) apart from another samller podium .
3. The vacant space outside the temple in north and south is more or less equal .
4. The road located to the north of the temple has extended the north east .
5. There is a vast patch of low lying vacant land outside the temple in east , north and north east with extended and depressed north east .
6. To the northern road of the temple at a distance of about 100 feet holy river kaveri flows from west to east.
7. The approach to the river from the temple is through north east .
8. The main entrance of the temple faces east .
9. The main deity lord ranganatha can be seen in a sleeping posture placing head south .