1. It rules success and knowledge how easily things come to us and how lucky we are .
2. Positive effects cheerful, generous, well liked outgoing, open minded , successful , optimistic and fortunate .
3. Negative effects extravagant, overconfident, lazy, effortless. This influence can result in laziness and as a result hinder any inward growth.
4. It is the most benevolent ( kind ) among the all planets . Is is the biggest planet and wherever it is placed in your birth chart it expands significance of that house or zodiac
5. Gender male
6. Time in each zodiac or sign 12 months
7. Ruler of zodiac or sign sagittarius ( dhanu rashi ) , pisces ( meen rashi )
8. Associated taste or flavor – sweet
9. Associated metal – gold
10. Associated color – saffron yellow
11. Associated animal pigeon , horse , swan
12 . Signifies religion , children ( son ) , education , meditation , pilgrimages , wealth , fortune , growth .
13. Ruling deity lord ganesha , lord indra
14. Constellations or nakshatra punarvasu , vishakha , purva bhadrapada
15. Associated weekday thursday
16. Associated direction north east
17. Exalted ( uccha ) sign or zodiac 5 degree cancer ( kark )
18. Debilitated ( neecha ) sign or zodiac 5 degree capricorn ( makar )
19. Positional strength ( digbala ) 1st house
20. Number represented 3
21. This is the biggest of all planets . In a very interesting way this is explained . When this planet is placed in one pan of a huge balance and all the other planets on the other pan the pan of the jupiter will only go down .
22. It is equatorial radius is 44.360 miles . Its mean radius is 11 times nearly that of earth. Its sidereal period is 11.36 years thus it moves from one zodiac sign to the other roughly in a period of one year.
23. When it is nearer to earth it is seen brighter than any fixed star but it is less bright than venus .
24. The planet is said to be surrounded by a dense atmosphere of mainly methane and ammonia gas .