Annapurna devi mandir also known as annapurna mata mandir , is one of the most famous hindu temples (Mandir) in the holy city of varanasi. This temple has great religious importance in hinduism and is dedicated to the goddess Aanapurna. Annapurna is the hindu goddess for nourishment and is a form of the goddess parvati. Goddess Annapurna is the better half of lord vishwanath of benares .
1. The temple is located to the southwest of the main temple a very positive feature .
2. It has a lane in it northern side .
3. The compound wall has an entry point in north .
4 . The main entrance of the sanctum sanctorum faces west . It has two entry points in north and south thereby taking the total number of entrances to three.
5. The threshold or doorsill under the northern entrance is comparatively high
6. The temple has one more entrance in northwest. In case of entrance too the threshold or doorsill is higher than those of other ones.
7. In compound interior there is upstair in all sides , upstair in the west is high .