Virupaksha temple is located in hampi in the ballari district of karnataka, india. It is part of the group of monuments at hampi, designated as a UNESCO world heritage site. The temple is dedicated to lord virupaksha, a form of shiva. The temple was built by lakkan dandesha, a nayaka (chieftain) under the ruler deva raya II also known as prauda deva raya of the vijayanagara empire.
Hampi, capital of the vijayanagara empire, sits on the banks of the tungabhadra river. Virupaksha temple is the main center of pilgrimage at hampi, and had been considered the most sacred sanctuary over the centuries. It is intact among the surrounding ruins and is still used in worship . The temple is dedicated to lord shiva, known here as virupaksha, as the consort of the local goddess pampadevi who is associated with the tungabhadra River. There is also a virupakshini amma temple (mother goddess) in a village called nalagamapalle, chittoor district , andhra pradesh, approximately 100 km from tirupati.
10 powerful vastu & fengshui features of the temple
1. The temple is built on the western part of a rectangular plot extending from east to west .
2. It has to its southwest some structures ( viharas ) relating to jainism at an altitude of about six feet .
3. Passage to main entrance passes through four intermediate entrances towards east
4. The function podium ( mandapa ) has entry points in north as well as in south .
5. In the northwest of the temple there is a the tomb of swamy vidyaranya the founder of the city of vijaynagar .
6. The temple of goddess paravathi is located to the north of virupaksha temple and it has to its east the temple of goddess bhuvaneshwari.
7. Pond in the north east of the temple complex used for boat festival .
8. Hillocks to the south of the temple
9. The greatest positive feature is that the river tungabhadra flows in north side from west to east .
10. The tower in east has mandapas or podiums to its north and north east which are contigious to the compound wall in the north and the tower in east .
Sri bhramaramba mallikarjuna temple or srisailam temple is a hindu temple dedicated to the deities shiva and parvati, located at srisailam in indian state of andhra pradesh . It is significant to the hindu sects of both shaivam and shaktam as this temple is referred to as one of the twelve jyothirlingas of lord shiva and as one of the eighteen shakti peethas of goddess parvati. Shiva is worshiped as mallikarjuna, and is represented by the lingam. His consort parvati is depicted as bhramaramba. It is the one of the only three temples in india in which both jyotirlinga and shaktipeeth is revered.It is on vriabhagiri of nallamala hills in kurnool district . It is at an altitude of 458 metres above the sea level . The plateau is nearly 85 sq m in area .
Three positive parameters the temple is second to tirupati
- On four side of the temple there is lofty and strong compound
- The eastern and northern roads are soped towards north and east making the north east gradient
- Three kilometres away from the temple the krishna flows in north east as uttara vahini .
1. The cordinates of ram temple at ayodhya is 26.7956 North , 82.1943 East.
2. The temple is 235 feet wide, 360 feet long and 161 feet high.
3. The temple complex will have a prayer hall, “a ramkatha kunj ( lecture hall ) , a vaidik pathshala (educational facility), a sant niwas (saints residence) and a yatri niwas ( hostel for visitors)” and other facilities like a museum and a cafeteria.
4. The temple has three domes one in front, and two at the sides .
5 . There are 366 columns .
6. The width of the stairway is 16 feet.
7. The sanctum will be octagonal in keeping with the design by shastras for temples dedicated to lord vishnu. Four other shrines dedicated to sita, lakshman, ganesh and hanuman, and other deities will be part of the complex . .
1. Situated on tricut mountain and faces towards the west direction .
2. The mountain behind the temple is in its east direction and is quite high .
3. The mountain in from of the temple in west is low where water flows continuously.
4. The north direction of the temple is quite deep . This depth goes on increasing from east to west .
5. In the south side of the temple where bhairavjee temple is situated the mountain is very high . This height extends upto west of southwest zone which is on the left side mountain in middle of hathi matha .
6. Inside the cave pure water flows upto the calf height this is called charan ganga . since there is height in the east and continuous flow of water in the west .
7. Two new caves were constructed in north or northeast zone of temple on eis used for entering in the temple other for exit the slope of the floor of these two caves is in north direction
8. Backside is high and front side is low and water flows in front direction.
9. Height of trikut mountain is in back side of temple which is in east direction.
10. Inside the temple charan ganga flows in front of idol maa the west direction.
11. Outside the temple in west direction there is slope in the mountain where water flows continuously.
1 ) The flow of ganges at benares is such that it flows from south to north upto a certain point is called northward stream of uttara vahini and there after flows towards northeast .
2 ) Holy river ganges is located to the east of benaras and is flowing in such a way that the eastern northeast is extended by leaps and bounds .
3 ) Inside the temple complex high structures are there in south and north .
4 ) The temple has an entrance in south and there is a lane in south .
5 ) A function podium is located to the west of the temple .
6 ) The compound has entry points in the north and west .
7 ) The main deity is installed in the north eastern and less elevated part of the sanctrum sanctorum
8 ) The sanctum sanctorum has doorways on all the four sides .
9 ) The exit gate is in northeast .
10 ) The sacred water called abhisheka jala flows out of the temple through the northeastern portion into a pit There is a lane in the east .
11 )South west is higher .
12 ) The temple of goddess Annapurna is located to the southwest of the main temple .
Very interesting – Can you guess what is common between all these prominent temples.
- Ekambaranatha- Kanchi
- Chidambaram Nataraja
- Kaleshwaram N-India
Very interesting – Can you guess what is common between all these prominent temples.
If your answer is they all are Shiva temples, you are only partially correct.It is actually the longitude in which these temples are located.
They all are located in 79° longitudes. What is surprising and awesome is that how the architects of these temples many hundreds of kilometres apart came up with these precise locations without GPS or any such gizmo like that.
- Kedarnath 79.0669°
- Kalahashti 79.7037°
- Ekambaranatha- Kanchi 79.7036°
- Thiruvanamalai 79.0747°
- Thiruvanaikaval 78.7108
- Chidambaram Nataraja 79.6954°
- Rameshwaram 79.3129°
- Kaleshwaram N-India 79.9067°
See the picture — all are in a straight line.
You will be surprised to know that there are Shiva temples in India which are built in a straight line from Kedarnath to Rameswaram. Wonder what science and technology we had with our ancestors, which we could not understand till today? The Kedarnath of Uttarakhand, the Kaleshwaram of Telangana, Kalahasti of Andhra Pradesh, Akhaseshwar of Tamil Nadu, Chidambaram and finally the Rameswaram temples have been built in the geographical straight line of or nearer to that of 79 ° E 41 ‘ 54 “Longitude.
All these temples represent the expression of gender in the 5 elements of nature, which we call the punch Tatwa (FIVE Elements) in common language. Punch tatwa i.e. Earth, water, fire, air and space. These has released these five Shiva LINGAS on the basis of five elements.
- Water is represented at Thiruvnanakwal Temple,
- The representation of the fire is in Thiruvannamalai,
- The air is represented in Kalahasti,
- The earth is represented in Kanchipuram and in the cold
- The space or the sky is represented at Chidambaram Temple! These five temples represent the wonderful mating of Vastu-Vigyan-Veda.
The speciality is also found in these temples in a geographical manner. These five temples were built according to yoga Science, and have been placed in a certain geographical alignment with each other. There will certainly be science that will affect the human body.
These temples were constructed about four thousand years ago when there was no satellite technology available to measure the latitude and longitude of those places. So how was the five temples so accurately established? God Only Knows.There is a distance of 2383 km between Kedarnath and Rameswaram. But all these temples fall in almost the same parallel line. After all, thousands of years ago, the technology of which these temples have been built in a parallel line is a mystery to this day. The Shimmer lamp in the Srikalahasti temple shows that it Represent AIR Linga. The water spring in the inner plateau of the Thiruvanikka temple shows that Represent WATER-Linga. The huge lamp on the Annamalai hill shows that Represent FIRE-Linga. The Sawanbhu Linga of the sands of Kanchipuram shows that Represent the EARTH Linga and the incorporeal (NIRAKAR) state of Chidambaram is Representing as the incorporeal, heavens(AKASH) Eather element of God.What is more surprising now is that the five Lingas, representing the five elements of the universe, have been installed centuries ago in a similar line. We should be proud of our ancestors ‘ knowledge and Intelligence that they had a science and technology that did not even distinguish modern science. It is believed that it is not only the five temples but also the many temples in this line which lie in the straight line from Kedarnath to Rameswaram. This line is also called the “SHIVA SHAKTI AKSH Rekha”. It is likely to be made by keeping the entire temple of Kailash in the regions which falls in 81.3119 ° E!? The answer only God Knows.. …Amazing thing. Mahakal What is the relationship between the Shiva Jyotirlingams……?? The distance of the remaining Jyotirlingams from Ujjain is also interesting-
Ujjain to Somnath-777 km
Ujjain to Omkareshwar-111 km
Ujjain to Bhimashankar-666 km
Kashi Vishwanath from Ujjain-999 km
From Ujjain, Mallikarjun-999 km
Kedarnath from Ujjain-888 km
Ujjain to Tryanbakeshwar-555 km
Ujjain to Baijnath-999 km
Rameswaram-1999 km from Ujjain
From Ujjain to Nauseshwara-555 km
There was nothing in Hinduism without any reason .Ujjain is considered to be the centre of the Earth. As a centre for thousands of years in Sanatan Dharma, a man-made instrument for calculating the sun and astrology in Ujjain has also been created about 2050 years ago.And when the imaginary line on Earth Imaginary was created by the British scientist about 100 years ago, the central part of it was Ujjain. Even today, scientists come to Ujjain to know about the sun and space.
A brass statue of swami vivekanand the disciple of shri ramkrishna paramhans who spread religion and philosophy is set up at kanyakumari .In the indian ocean in tamilnadu this temple is situated on a large stone and is famous as a place of pilgrimage . For reaching this temple one has to travel by motor boat through sea . After a lightning from the boat reaching the temple one has to go by a road on the north east side . The devotees enter the temple through a gate in a north east entrance are two natural gifts which have made this temple of swami vivekanand very famous .
Four special features of ramkrishna math according to vaastushastra
1 ) The auspicious river ganges flows towards the east of the math. This is special feature
2 ) The western part of the math is taller and the northern part is shorter in height
3 ) In the east –north – east part of this math there is a garden
4 ) The entrance gate is in the auspicious south, south east direction
5 ) Some buildings exist towards the west of the math
6 ) High structures are located to the north of the math
7 ) In south and southern southeast the temples of sami vivekanada and mother sarada devi are located .
8 ) Some vacant place is available on northern side
9 ) A garden is developed in the eastern northeast
10) The complex has street focus in southern southeast
11 ) Absence of eastern northeast to the neighbouring plot , located to the north of the math
North West Pond Anantha Sarasi
North East Tiru Mangayalwar Temple
South Less Vacant Space Compared To East & North
South West Tower , Higher Compound Wall , Main Entrance , Of Lord Narasimha Pond For Drained Water , Nullififying All Fortunes , Goddess Perin Devi Temple ( facing east abutting south & west walls
East Temple Extension Towards West , Main Entrance
West Less Vacant Space Compared To East & West , Tower
North Mountains , Water Fall Akasa Ganga , Water Sources Vykunta Thritha / Papa Nasanam / Thumbara Thirta
North West Mountains
North East Holy Pond Pushkarni , Water Sources Vykunta Thritha / Papa Nasanam / Thumbara Thirta , Terrace , Hundi ( cash collection )
South West Mountains
South East Mountains , Potu ( kitchen )
East Temple Face , Mountains , Prasad Sthala ( blessed food counter )
West Deity Placement ( east facing ) , Mountains