The main temple the samadhi temple was originally known as buttiwada gopal butti a baba devotee constructed it as a shrine to lord vitthal . However the baba has to have told butti I will come to reside here one day . When baba passed away on oct 15 , 1918 his disciples decided to bury his mortal remains inside the wada ( abode ) . A white marble tomb and a life size statue of baba stand here today . Mumbai sculptor bhausaheb talim created this masterpiece installed in 1954 . The statue of lord vitthal has since been moved to dixit wada museum . Present day shirdi has grown around the shirdi sai baba sansthan located on busy ahmednagar manmad state highway making the temple the centre of the town . Most hotels have come up around the temple premises . The sansthan is about 2 km north east of the state transport bus stand . It is possible to see the shrines in and around the sansthan in a single day . But shirdi needs to be savoured peacefully with shraddha ( faith ) and saburi ( patience ) the twin virtues professed by baba . Four aarti take place in the samadhi mandir and one needs to experience as many of them as possible. There are many other shrines you can visit besides a library a museum and a beautiful garden . A large complex of administrative buildings and spiritual shrine the sansthan is an oasis of peace and cleanliness. The sansthan’s library shri sai vangmay kaksha is in shanti nivas the administrative building . Near the reception is a reading hall . You could fortify yourself with a hot cup of tea , coffee or milk at the 24 hr canteen also near the reception if ever there were an award for the most clean pilgrimage spot in india , shirdi would have been strong contender for the top place . Four main aartis are organized inside this temple which houses sai baba’s samadhi . While the distance from the entrance to the samadhi is about 800 m it has been punctuated with several benches so pilgrims may rest . Metal bar seperates neat rows for queues . There are washrooms on en route . We strongly recommend that visitors try to be present for inspiring kakad aarti at 5:15 am . A copy of the aarti booklet available at the sansthan book store will be handy . An aarti lasts for about 25 min . The kakad aarti timing also provides an opportunity to witness the baba ritual bath performed by the pujaris at 6 am . A small temple is built near the neem tree under which baba is said to have medidated . It houses a shivlinga and a photograph of baba . Thursday and fridays are popular in the shrine filled with the fragrance of incense that devotees light . Located just outside the samadhi mandir . Dwarkamai a dilapidated masjid to which baba would retire every other night must be seen too . It still houses the community fire ( dhooni ) where logs of wood burn 24 hrs a day supplying udi to baba’s devotees as it was during his lifetime. The udi is given the same way ( vibhuti ) sacred ash is given in the temple’s of southern india. One corner of the masjid has the grinding stone with which baba used to grind wheat for the poor who visited him everyday. A chawadi a small town structure is where the baba’s is said to have rested every alternate night . Today it houses two large images of baba . Location both are about 20 steps from the side exit of the gurusthan . This is the home of one of baba’s most ardent followers and houses some interesting memorabilia. It is a small green colored cottage . Located opp chawadi . This charming compact museum has rare black and white photographs of baba . It also displays his kafni ( long robes ) leather padukas his chillum ( smoking pipe ) gramophone records water tumblers cooking utensils and bathing stone . Located almost at the center of the sansthan’s complex .The samadhi of the the babas four key lifetime associates tatya patil kote , maharaj kumbhar , pv padmanabha aiyyar and nanavall have been constructed adjacent to reception area of the sai baba sansthan . This is a serene spot . Location to the west of sansthan’s complex . Baba has said to have spent a lot of time in the garden called lendibagh. It’s now beautifully landscaped . Here too is the well that baba used known as shivadi. An akhand deep ( continously burning lamp ) glows under the pipal tree that baba planted here . Location at the entrance of the sansthan . This small temple where baba said to have halted on his first visit to shirdi . As you enter exit from the extreme right hand corner of the sansthan you will be on a street full of souvenir stores . The shirdi sai store diagonally opposite to dwarkamai stocks a wide variety of related items . The sai baba sansthan offers a range of accommodation at saiprasad 1 , saiprasad 2 , atithee griha , bhakta nivas a new facility about 2 km from the temple. Bhakta nivas has a pretty landscaped garden with illuminated fountains . Upasani Maharaj Ashram ( 6 kms south ) upasani maharaj was babas contemporary and follower . His samadhi and that of his disciple godavari mata are located inside the quite ashram .
The installation of a deity should be done when the Sun is in the Northern course. The lunar month of Magha should be avoided. According to Kalaprakasika, the ceremony is to be done when Jupiter and Venus are dignified and devoid of adverse influences.
Rohini, Mrigasira. Punarvasu, Pushya, Uttara, Hasta, Swati, Uttarashadha and Uttarabhadra are good constellations for this purpose. All odd lunar days (except the 9th) including the 2nd, 6th and 10th are favourable. The Lagna must be a fixed sign. A common sign may be selected for a female Deity. Movable signs should always be rejected. The Lagna should not be conjoined by the luminaries or malefics or otherwise the town concerned will be destroyed. No malefic should occupy the 7th. There should be no planet in the 8th. The ceremony should be avoided at the end of an Ayana, the end of a year, of a lunar day and of an asterism; and on days on which halos round the Sun and the Moon are visible.
Annapurna devi mandir also known as annapurna mata mandir , is one of the most famous hindu temples (Mandir) in the holy city of varanasi. This temple has great religious importance in hinduism and is dedicated to the goddess Aanapurna. Annapurna is the hindu goddess for nourishment and is a form of the goddess parvati. Goddess Annapurna is the better half of lord vishwanath of benares .
1. The temple is located to the southwest of the main temple a very positive feature .
2. It has a lane in it northern side .
3. The compound wall has an entry point in north .
4 . The main entrance of the sanctum sanctorum faces west . It has two entry points in north and south thereby taking the total number of entrances to three.
5. The threshold or doorsill under the northern entrance is comparatively high
6. The temple has one more entrance in northwest. In case of entrance too the threshold or doorsill is higher than those of other ones.
7. In compound interior there is upstair in all sides , upstair in the west is high .
Sri veera venkata satyanarayanaswamy temple or annavaram temple is a hindu-vaishnavite temple situated at annavaram town in east godavari district of andhra pradesh state, india.The temple is on a hillock named ratnagiri and is dedicated to veera venkata satyanarayana, an incarnation of lord vishnu.
1. The approach roads towards the temple is from northeast
2. The tirumala tirupati temple devasthanams guest house is in southwest
3. There is a big tank in the northwest of the temple
Kanchi kamakoti peetham, also called the kanchi matha or the kanchi monastery, is a hindu institution, located in kanchipuram , tamil nadu. It is located near a temple dedicated to goddess kamakshi ( durga, kamakoti) of the shaktism tradition, along with a shrine for the advaita vedanta teacher adi shankara.Its founding is traditionally attributed to adi shankara who it is said lived some of his final years here.
Positive parameters of kanchi kamakoti peeth
1. The main entrance of the ashram is located in northern northeast .
2. The ashram is located in a site belonging to northeastern block with roads in east and north.
3. Within the campus internal roads are laid in western and southern directions with highly build structures.
4. The abode of paramcharya the great philosopher is located in the southwestern corner of the ashram on a higher plinth .
11 Positive Parameters Of The Temple As Per Vaastu & Fengshui
1. The approach road to the temple passes initially towards eastern north east and with a turn to northern northeast reaches the temple .
2. The vacant land outside the temple also has a street in sactum sancturom passes through four smaller gateway’s.
3. The temple is located near mysore on a hillock
4. The temple of lord lakshminarayan is located outside the temple in the southwest .
5. The vacant land in north and south is more or less equal .
6. The flooring of the temple is laid with a gradient towards east so as to facilitate floe of water from west to east .
7. There is a street towards the east of the tower of the temple.
8. The podium located in the temple complex has an entrance to its south .
9. There is collapsible gate in the passage leading from the vacant area in east to the one in the north east .
10. Podiums are build around the temple complex on all four sides .
11. The podium of sapta mathrukas ( seven incarnations of mother goddess ) is located in the southwestern corner of the temple complex .
Daksinamnaya sri sarada pitham is one amongst the four cardinal pithams established by the 8th century philosopher-saint sri adi sankara to preserve and propagate sanatana dharma and advaita vedanta, the doctrine of non-dualism. Located in sringeri in chikmagalur district in karnataka , india . It is the southern amnaya pitham amongst the four chaturamnaya pithams, with the others being the dvaraka kalika pitham (gujarat) in the west, purī govardhana pītham(odisha) in the east and badrī jyotishpītham (uttarakhand) in the north . The sringeri sharada peetham is located about 85 kilometres ( 53 mi) east of udupi and 100 kilometres (62 mi) northeast from mangaluru across the western ghats, and about 335 kilometres (208 mi) west-northwest from the state capital, bBengaluru. In historical texts, sringeri is also referred to as risyasringagiri of the ramayana fame,whose legend is also recited in the mahabharata.
4 powerful features of sringeri peeth as per vastu & fengshui
1. The temple of goddess saradamba has a street focus in northern northeast .
2. The street located to the eastern north east of the ashram slopes towards east till it reaches river tungabhadra .
3. The jeeva samadhi of saint vidya tirtha the preceptor of the saint vidyaranya is located to the south west of the temple .
4. River tungabhadra has played a major role in grandeur, major strong parameter as per vastu & fengshui . It flows from south to the southwest to eastern north east and increases eastern north east to it . It is located to the north of narasimhavana the habitat of the head of the peeth . It flows towards northern north east .
Shravanabelagola (sravana belagola) is a town located near channarayapatna of hassan district in the indian state of karnataka and is 144 km from bangalore. The gommateshwara bahubali statue at shravanabelagola is one of the most important tirthas (pilgrimage destinations) in jainism, one that reached a peak in architectural and sculptural activity under the patronage of western ganga dynasty of talakad. Chandragupta maurya is said to have died here in 298 BCE after he became a jain monk and assumed an ascetic life style . Shravanabelagola is located at 11 km to the south-east of channarayapatna in the channarayapatna taluka of hassan district of karnataka. It is at a distance of 51 km south-east of hassan, karnataka, the district centre. It is situated at a distance of 12 km to the south from the bangalore-bangalore road (NH-75), 18 km from hirisave, 78 km from halebidu, 89 km from belur, 83 km from mysuru, 144 km from bangalore, the capital of karnataka and 222 km from mangalore. Sacred places are spread over two hills, chandragiri and vindyagiri, and also among the villages at the foothills.
Lord gometeswara who is otherwise called bahubali is the principal deity of this historic centre. The monoloithic statue of bahu bali .Th nlstatue of bahubali carved on the hillock from a single rock .
6 Powerful Parameters As Per Vaastu Fengshui
1. Bahubali is facing north .
2. A staircase in north east .
3. Statue is erected on northern boundary .
4. Devotees reach the feet of lord from northern north east .
5. A perennial pond is located in the northern north east of the hill .
6. The passage to the village proceeds from the hill through northern north east .
The ranganthaswamy temple (usually referred to as “sri ranganathaswamy”) in srirangapatna, in the mandya district of karnataka state, india, is dedicated to the hindu god ranganatha (a manifestation of the god vishnu). It is one of the five important pilgrimage sites of sri vaishnavism along the river kaveri for devotees of ranganatha. These five sacred sites are together known as pancharanga kshetrams in southern india. Since srirangapatna is the first temple starting from upstream, the deity is known as adi ranga (lit; “first Ranga”).The town of srirangapatna, which derives its name from the temple, is located on an island in the river kaveri.1. The temple is situated in a plot extending from east to west .
9 Powerful Vastu & Fengshui Parameters Of The Temple
1. The temple has roads on all four sides and the road towards north is less elevated.
2. To the left of the temple are located mukha mantapa ( facial podium ) maha mantapa ( great podium ) apart from another samller podium .
3. The vacant space outside the temple in north and south is more or less equal .
4. The road located to the north of the temple has extended the north east .
5. There is a vast patch of low lying vacant land outside the temple in east , north and north east with extended and depressed north east .
6. To the northern road of the temple at a distance of about 100 feet holy river kaveri flows from west to east.
7. The approach to the river from the temple is through north east .
8. The main entrance of the temple faces east .
9. The main deity lord ranganatha can be seen in a sleeping posture placing head south .
Virupaksha temple is located in hampi in the ballari district of karnataka, india. It is part of the group of monuments at hampi, designated as a UNESCO world heritage site. The temple is dedicated to lord virupaksha, a form of shiva. The temple was built by lakkan dandesha, a nayaka (chieftain) under the ruler deva raya II also known as prauda deva raya of the vijayanagara empire.
Hampi, capital of the vijayanagara empire, sits on the banks of the tungabhadra river. Virupaksha temple is the main center of pilgrimage at hampi, and had been considered the most sacred sanctuary over the centuries. It is intact among the surrounding ruins and is still used in worship . The temple is dedicated to lord shiva, known here as virupaksha, as the consort of the local goddess pampadevi who is associated with the tungabhadra River. There is also a virupakshini amma temple (mother goddess) in a village called nalagamapalle, chittoor district , andhra pradesh, approximately 100 km from tirupati.
10 powerful vastu & fengshui features of the temple
1. The temple is built on the western part of a rectangular plot extending from east to west .
2. It has to its southwest some structures ( viharas ) relating to jainism at an altitude of about six feet .
3. Passage to main entrance passes through four intermediate entrances towards east
4. The function podium ( mandapa ) has entry points in north as well as in south .
5. In the northwest of the temple there is a the tomb of swamy vidyaranya the founder of the city of vijaynagar .
6. The temple of goddess paravathi is located to the north of virupaksha temple and it has to its east the temple of goddess bhuvaneshwari.
7. Pond in the north east of the temple complex used for boat festival .
8. Hillocks to the south of the temple
9. The greatest positive feature is that the river tungabhadra flows in north side from west to east .
10. The tower in east has mandapas or podiums to its north and north east which are contigious to the compound wall in the north and the tower in east .