In hindy mythology there are three kinds of gems they are gems from swargloka , gems from patalaloka , gems from marthyaloka .
1. These gems are available out of some ascetic’s austere penance acquired from the divine power .
2 . We hear about many divine gems in mahabharat and mythological books such as swamnatak , kousthubh mani etc ( cf matsya puranata chapter 45 page 159 ) .
3. It is believed tht during the influence of the constellation called swati governed by the rahu if the rain drops fall upon the oyster shells they turn into pearls after sometime . The showering rain drops get dry often in air and become another kind of pearl called chintamani pearl ( cf ratnaparikshadi sapta grantha sangraha page number 20 )
4. Varahmihira believed that there are some divine gems or pearls which drop from sky like the hails but dames in the heaven take all of them away before they actually land on earth ( cf vrihatsamhita chapter 81 / sloka 24 page 493 .
5 . Swargloka gems are called mani they are chintamani white in color worn by lord brahma , koustuba mani like lotus red in color , worn by lord krishna & lord vishnu , rudramani yellow golden in colour worn by lord shiva , shymanthakmani blue in color worn by lord indra .
Swargaloka gems are called mani , rudra mani is one of the four swargloka gems .
1. Rudra mani is yellow / golden in color .
2. It is worn by lord mahadeva .
3. It sanskrit it is known as muktha , mothika , somya , tarta , taraka , swapnasara , neeraja , indurathna , bindhuphala , shukthinmani , rasodhbhava , sindhujatham .
4. Identification of superior rudra mani felt heavy when placed on palm , no layers , have the hue of kandeer flower , smooth when touched .
5. Identification of inferior rudra mani looks dull , looks dried up , appearance like joints , one with mud inside it , wood like material in its middle .
Swargaloka gems are called mani , syamantaka mani is one of the four swargloka gems . It is known by various names in following in sanskrit neela showrirathna , indraneela , trunagrahi , neelamani , makooth , kabooth , saifar .
1. Syamantaka mani stone is blue in color .
2. It is worn by lord indra .
3. The story of syamantaka appears in the vishnu purana and the bhagavata.
4. The jewel originally belonged to the sun god, who wore it around his neck .
5. It was said that whichever land possessed this jewel would never encounter any calamities such as droughts, floods, earthquakes or famines, and would always be full of prosperity and plenitude.
Swargaloka gems are called mani , kaustabh mani stone is one of the four swargloka gems . It is known by various names in following in sanskrit padmanaga , lohita , shonarathna , raviratna , kuruvinda , vasurathna , chunni ( in punjabi ) , yakootha ( urdu ) , lakshmi puspa ( sanskrit ) , sowgandhika , ratnanayaka .
1. Kaustabh mani stone is lotus red in color .
2. It is worn by lord krishna / lord vishnu .
3. In hindu mythology, the devas and asuras performed the “churning of the ocean of milk” ( samudra manthan ), in order to get amrita . In this process, the fourteen treasure jewels (atnas) emerged from the ocean. The fourth ratna that emerged is known as kaustubha.
Swargaloka gems are called mani , chitnamani stone is one of the four swargloka gems . It is known by various names in following in sanskrit muktha , mothika , soumya , tara , taraka , swapnasara , neeraja , induratna , binduphala , shukthimani , rasobhava , sindhujatham .
1. Chintamani stone is white in color
2. It is worn by lord brahma
3. Said by some to be the equivalent of the philosopher’s stone in western alchemy.
4. The cintamani stone is a legendary artifact of hindu and buddhist hindu mythology, a “wish-fulfilling” gem of extraordinary power.
5. The yoga vasistha is a philosophical text attributed to valmiki, although the real author is vasishta, originally written in the 10th century AD, contains a story about the cintamani .
6. The kintamani mountainous region in bali was named after the chintamani.